For many years the Industrial and Systems Management and Engineering Community has desired to find an international Journal that could respond to some challenges such as:
- Could be a permanent and inexpensive source of information for the International Scientific Community;
- Could priorize the topics pertinent to the application of international advances in theory and technology to the particular needs of Lusophone World and of other developing countries;
- Could foster young students to produce beginners articles that could attract them to Science;
- Could promote bridge-building activities with professional and scientific communities world wide;
- Could attract distinguished international scientists and practitioners alike to publish in a Brasilian Journal in order to promote strong exchange of ideas with a thriving protuguese speaking community;
- Could also promote a permanent forum for the defense of freedom and respect for scientists, for scientific activities, for dissemination of scientific reasoning, for positive scientific influencing of political activities and adequate allocation of financial resources for research and education in Science and Technology in every level.
Due to the fact that Portuguese for over two decades is one of the five most spoken languages in the world this journal will address two interests: the access to the English speaking community (The largest scientific community in the world) and interaction with a very important community that is still expanding in various geographies.
Top 100 Languages by Population
|Rank||Language Name||Primary Countries||Population|
|3||SPANISH||Mexico, Spain, Argentina||312,000,000|
|4||PORTUGUESE||Brasil, Moçambique, Angola, Portugal||250,000,000|
Hence founding editors decide for the use of both English and Portuguese as official languages of the Journal.
On the other hand, three sections were devised: a Scientific for advanced studies and research, a professional one for practitioners to present their thoughts and experience, and finally a scientific initiation for young promising students aspiring to enter the Scientific Community.
We welcome all those who want to build a progressive, scientific society and promote understanding and peace in the world by means of dissemination of Advanced Knowledge and Education in Systems and Industry Management and Engineering.